Add new comment

H-4 EAD Filing

My spouse is on H-1 visa and his former employer filed I-140 and then my spouse changed his employment to another employer and transferred his H-1, the I-140 has not been revoked by former employer. So my H-4 is with the former employer valid for three years, and current employer for my spouse has not filed H-1 for me. Is the H-4 from the former employer valid for file EAD or do I have to apply for H-4 again and what would be the documents that would I need to file H-4 EAD ?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version
ANSWER: 

Every time the H-1 holder changes  job, the H-4 holder does not need to re -apply for H-4. Your H-4 is good.  You don't have to have different H-4 for the employer. Of course,  every time the H-1 holders change their job they have apply for new H-1 but as long as you never violated status and H-1  holder has  never violated status that H-4 continued to be good from job to job to job, you are good.

Your  second question was what document need to file H-4 EAD?

Answer is we don't  know yet. When the instructions for the new form I- 765 come out along with the form I-765 they will tell you exactly what you need to submit . I suspect probably marriage certificate along with evidence of  couple of last  pay stubs of your husband's, copy of H-1 receipt and a copy of your H-4 receipt or approval or visa stamped. That typically they should be looking for. But I don't have any basis for saying, this is just my guess.

Nonimmigrant Visas: 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment

WYSIWYG

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Global tokens will be replaced with their respective token values (e.g. [site:name] or [current-page:title]).

Filtered HTML

• Use [fn]...[/fn] (or <fn>...</fn>) to insert automatically numbered footnotes.
  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • You may post PHP code. You should include <?php ?> tags.
  • You may insert a link to a defined site with [link: title].
  • Tags allowed: a, em, strong, cite, code, ol, ul, li, dl, dt, dd
  • Typographic refinements will be added.
  • [faq] or [faq:123,questions_inline,categories_inline] - insert FAQ content based on the optional category, question style and category style.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <p> <h2> <h3> <h4> <h5> <h6> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style>
  • Global tokens will be replaced with their respective token values (e.g. [site:name] or [current-page:title]).

Full HTML

full_html

filtered_html

• Use [fn]...[/fn] (or <fn>...</fn>) to insert automatically numbered footnotes.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • [faq] or [faq:123,questions_inline,categories_inline] - insert FAQ content based on the optional category, question style and category style.
  • Tags allowed: a, em, strong, cite, code, ol, ul, li, dl, dt, dd
  • You may post PHP code. You should include <?php ?> tags.
  • Typographic refinements will be added.
  • You may insert a link to a defined site with [link: title].

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
CAPTCHA
Sorry we have to put you through this. We need to prevent SPAM.