Naturalization

These are stories we have picked from various sources as relevant from community experiences. The posters are not lawyers. We have not verified the veracity of the story or of the poster. Please use sound judgment in relying upon this information.

Boston MA - N-400 Interview Experience

Name: 
Iqbalhussain
State: 
United States

I had my interview at the JFK Building, Boston. My appointment time was around 8am. I got there at 7:30. I was called in at around 9 am. It was a standard interview. I took oath to tell the truth. He asked for my GC, Passport and proof that I had registered for selective service. That is all he asked for. 

We went through the N-400 first. He was very detailed. Chatted about my work in between. I had already prepared my travel log since the time of my application and he added that as an addendum to my application. After that we did the civics exams.

Citizenship and Naturalization: 

Naturalization interview without the Country of Citizenship passport

State: 
United States

So I had my interview on Sept 3rd and I went in without the Original Country of Citizenship Passport however as my previous posts state that I had made color copies of each page in my Passport book. Furthermore, I got each page notarized by a Notary Public and obtained a letter from Swiss Embassy that my original Passport (number xxxxx) is with them with effect from data xxxx for Schengen visa processing etc.

Boston MA - Naturalization Interview Experience

State: 
United States

Had my Naturalization Interview this morning and all went well, I was issued an N-652 indicating that my application has been recommended for approval. After weeks of stressing over this it took about 20 minutes from start to finish, the I/O was a very nice Gentleman, I probably thanked him a little too much at the end but I was very happy and proud.

N-400 Interview Experience in Atlanta, GA

Name: 
Williamzcj
United States

My interview was done on December 11, 2012 For n 400, I passed the test but the officer gave me a letter saying that the decision cannot be made now.. Two days later I received request for evidence letter.. They requested my petition for divorce.. My green card is based on marriage that only lasted two years.. The condition was removed after the divorce.. I sent a copy of the petition for divorce on December 21.. I have not received anything since. Has anyone been asked to provide a certified copy of the petition for divorce before? Please help I am confused.

Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Name: 
JPBoston
State: 
United States

There were a few places that did the naturalization ceremonies in MA but it is a royal pain how long they take to schedule these. Back in 2010, I had to wait 3.5 months for my naturalization after passing the interview. They gave me my oath ceremony letter right after passing the interview. Seems like things have only gotten worse since 2010. I had my naturalization ceremony at Mechanics Hall in Worcester and no, it was not because I lived in or near Worcester. I lived in the Boston city area at the time.

Boston MA - N-400 Naturalization

Name: 
Kmanm
State: 
United States

I had my N400 interview last week. I passed the English questions without an issue.

Quick background: I was issued 10 year bar and deported in 2005. I had to apply for I601 and I212 (waivers) prior to returning to US. The reason I was deported was because I had overstay after deportation order. I returned to US 2010.

N-400 - Naturalization Experience

Name: 
Chracatoa
State: 
United States
  1. Here is my experience of same day interview and oath in Seattle.

Interview

My interview was at 9:00 but I left early (6:30) since I live 30 miles away and traffic is a nightmare around there. I was lucky to bypass two bad crashes because I was listening to the radio and got to a Starbucks near there for breakfast.

Pages

Contact Us
Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, P.C.
5225 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22205
USA
6 Byers Street Staunton, VA 24401
USA
Ph: (202909-1110

Click here to Contact us.