I-485 Filed While Applicant is Outside United States

Can an I-485 (Adjustment of Status) application be filed while the applicant is outside the United States?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

No. It is required that the applicant be on U.S. soil when the application is submitted. For those applying from outside the United States, Consular Processing would be in order.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment