Co-sign for my fiance's mom

My fiance's mother wants to visit him , but his income tax for 2009 not enough to sponsor his mother. Can I put my income tax to co-sign to let his mother get the visa visit US ? If its work how much my income should be that would qualify with the situation ? ( i'm a single mom with 2 kids).

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Anyone can sign a Form I-134 (the affidavit of support for a visitors visa). As to the amount of income, run an internet search for "poverty guidelines." If you meet those requirements, you should be fine. In fact, a Form I-134 is not a requirement of law, but consulates can ask for it.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment