Filing in India after wedding in US

I am planning to get married to a US citizen in a court in the US and afterward would be going to India where I will be filing for my GC.Please let me know whether the same procedures for filing for GC in India after the wedding in India is applicable for filing in India after the wedding in US. are there any complications involved in this?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Check with US consulate. They respond to emails. They often impose some residence duration requirement for applicants.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment