Can I apply for H4 visa for spouse while on EAD?

My I -485 is pending since 2007, on EB3. My I-140 approved in Nov 2007. I did not for I-485 for my spouse and dependents as they were not in USA. I am working on EAD and I do not have H1B. My Question is can I apply for H4 visa for my spouse, as I am legally working on EAD? I heard that people on student visa can bring their spouse on dependent visa.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can have them apply for H-4 only if you go to an H-1 (you can). An F-1 is difficult if you have an AOS pending.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment