Two-year home residency requirement

Can I obtain an F-1 if I have a two-year home residency requirement on my earlier J-?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Yes.  F visa is NOT forbidden.  But you will not be able to get an H-1, L-1 or green card unless you address the HRR through compliance or waiver.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment