Transfer of H-1B while extension is pending

Can H-1B transfer happen in such case from company B? If yes then if this transfer is approved but previous H1b extension is not approved which is from company B will it impact my status in US? Can I work for company B still? Will there be any chance that I have to go to India and come back with stamped visa ?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Transfer of H-1B while extension is pending

Video Transcript:

Yes you can. You can join company B but if the case is denied you will have to go outside the USA for visa stamping. FAQ in detail...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment