What to do About Past Immigration Problems Causing a Current Visa Denial?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: What to about past immigration

problems causing a current visa denial?

Video Transcript

I think you should hire a lawyer. Your lawyer should first reach out to the consulate wherever the visa was denied and ask them the reason for denial. At the same time they should apply for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Get a copy of all the documents that the government has on you. It is a long, tedious process and it could take months or even years to get it straightened out.

If possible you should also look at 212(d)(3) waiver. These are available for non-immigrant visas such as a tourist visa even though you have a bar from entering the United States. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment