Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card Now Available in the USCIS ELIS

The Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card is now available in the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS). USCIS ELIS is an online, account-based system that allows you to submit and view certain immigration benefit requests and receive electronic notification of decisions and real-time case status updates.

Team Notes: 
Immigration Law : 

How to get a copy of I-140 approval

My I-140 was currently approved but the company is keeping the Original copy of I-140 approval with them, also they are not giving me the copy of original. The GC is filed in EB-3 and I have US masters degree and technically qualify for EB-2 category. I was waiting to get my I-140 approved and H-1 filed so I can start looking for change of job who can file in EB-2 with same PD.
How important it will be for me to have the original copy of I-140 or how are the other ways which I can obtain this from the USCIS directly?

See clip from Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna's conference call video that addresses this question. 

FAQ Transcript

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment

Immigrant Fee Payment: Tips on Finding Your A-Number and DOS Case ID

If you are immigrating to the United States, and you will be admitted as a lawful permanent resident, you must pay a $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee. You must pay this fee online using the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS). We strongly encourage you to pay this fee after you receive your immigrant visa packet from the U.S.

Team Notes: 
Immigration Law : 


Subscribe to Forms