Applicant sought out our firm after receiving a misrepresentation finding against him at the consulate for visa stamping. We reviewed his file and were unable to ascertain any factual basis for the fraud/misrepresentation finding. We began directly corresponding with the consulate, and requested information from various government agencies In addition, we consulted with The Office of Visa Services (Visa Office) within the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs .
I am a US citizen. My parents (father 72 y and mother 65y) have a valid multiple entry visit visa to USA issued in 2012 and valid till 2022. They used to make short visits to USA every year till 2016 with duration of stay averaging around 55 days each year. After my father’s retirement in April 2017 they have settled down in India. During their visit in June 2017 they stayed here for just under 6 months (174 days). They visited this year as well for about 173 days, arriving in SFO in June 2018. Upon their arrival at SFO, the CBP officer cautioned that the 6 month stay is not acceptable each time they visit, perhaps they will be given only 1 month stay during their next visit and that they should apply for green card if they wish to stay longer. Based on your expertise, we would appreciate if you could let us know whether there is a possibility that the CBP officer would have placed an adverse remark/ comment on their system and would enforce a short stay of 1-2 months during their next visit (tentatively in June 2019). Being aged, they are more comfortable with making 6 months visits on multiple entry visa rather than staying for longer periods in USA to keep Green Card valid.Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
1. I moved from client A to client B in June. My employer filed an amendment for me now. I have my current H-1B till September 2020 when I'm with client A but my visa stamping expired last year. Can I travel while my H-1B amendment is pending?
2. As my visa got expired, I have to get it stamped again. For that, should I have to go for interview again or can I do it by Dropbox?
3. What will be the case if my amendment is still pending. What will be the case If my amendment is approved by then.
1. Yes, you can travel.
2. I don't know the exact local rules, but you have to go for visa stamping.
3. You should not go until the amendment is actually approved. More...
Currently I am in India, my H1-B got denied and left US. My wife is in US on the basis of change of status from H4 to B2 on humanitarian grounds due my daughter's chronic medical condition. Her B2 is still under process and if approves then good till 24th Feb'18. Since It is uncertain I will get another employer who can sponsor h1b immediately, Is there any provision for US born, parent can stay due to her undergoing intensive treatment? Can we apply for humanitarian parole?
FAQ: Does bad credit or private loans/litigation affect immigration? ||Changing jobs after I 140 approval, returning to the old job, procedures for starting new green card etc. ||Effect of salary variations during L-1A visa ||Implications of alcohol-related convictions, such as DUI, on immigration or H-1B ||Staying in the United States based upon the medical need of a child, B-2 or humanitarian parole.
Other: H-1B amendments for relocation, visa stamping ||Filing in EB-1C green card for international manager or executive ||Applying for H-1B from a third country||Proceedings after employee files WHD complaint ||Changing H-1B jobs while an extension is pending ||H-1B visa stamping problems||Applying for H-1B extension without a copy of the I 140 approval notice ||H-1B amendments for relocation ||Does change of location requiring L-1A amendment? ||Cross-chargeability, etc.
Right now I'm in USA on B1 visa. I came last week 1st Oct 2017. Got the stamp for 6 months (i94 expires on Mar 31, 2018). This is the 3rd time I'm traveling to the US on B1. Below are the previous trip details.
Aug 02 2014 To Sep 28 2014, May 03 2015 To Jun 15 2015,3) Oct 1 2017 To till date (Nov 11 2017). Now my company wants to file L-1B petition for me. The employer is ready to file an application for L-1B in the USA if it is legitimate.
1) Now I'm already in the US, so Is there a process to get my L-1B without going back to my country (India)? Is B-1 to L-1B is a complex process? Is there any complication(s) if I put my petition in USA?
2) What will be the time frame to get L-1B?
Discussion Topics, Thursday 19 October 2017:
FAQ: Pros and cons of adjustment of status and consular processing for green card || Applying for green card while holding H-4 status; applying for green card and permanent residence for another country simultaneously ||Changing status from tourist or business visa (B1 or B2) within the United States|| How to read the visa bulletin? || What type of questions can be asked in consular or adjustment of status interview for employment based applicants || Effect of a speeding ticket on green card or naturalization/citizenship || Effect of moving abroad while still on H-1B visa || Denial of H-1B on Level 1 wage issue || Doing business on H-4 EAD. Other: Family-based green card for an H-1B holder || Filing concurrent H-1B for family-owned business || Relationship between maintaining US permanent residence and expiration of green card || I-94 correction through the CBP || H-4 visa/status issues || H-1B laid off || H-4 EAD to H-1 || H-4 EAD issues, etc.
1. I am on H-1B visa valid till sep 2018 , I came to India in November 2016 and applied for stamping of my visa here in New Delhi consulate , they kept my passport and some documents and told me it's in admin processing and will contact the client, as I was not working for that client during that time so they have rejected my visa after 3 months in January 2017 , the section they given for rejection is 212 (a) (6)(c)(i) which prohibits the issuance of visa for for fraud or willfully misinterpretation of fact. I check My USCIS online status of my H-1B says that my visa has been sent to the department of state. Will I be ever able to enter the USA ?
2.How to remove this Fraud charges on me?
3. I have a B1-B2 for 10 years in the year 2011, but that passport got lost in the USA, I got new passport from Indian consulate there and then I was traveling in H1-B mostly, So never bothered to inform and re-stamp my b1b2 visa from the consulate in India. How can I get my duplicate B-1/B-2 re-issued
1. Yes, if you can get a 212(d)(3) waiver for a limited time or limited purposes.
1. Am I allowed to travel to the USA as a B-1 business visitor? How many times in a year and for how long can I stay in the US for my business trip?
2. What kind of paperwork would I be asked to show at the port of entry?
3. B-1/B-2 visa stamp is valid until 2026; Do I need to renew it every time before travelling to the US by going to the US consulate or any other office?
1. B-1/B-2 are mixed used visas. You can do pretty much everything on these visas. <br>